Thursday, June 11, 2009

Brandon

So.... Brandon is officially 20 years old. That seems so strange to me, not possible, not yet anyway. I mean, I'm only 28. Right?

Our oldest boy turned 20 yesterday. I worry about him. He's out on his own, doing his own thing, keeping his own hours, and doing his own laundry!!! The latter is the only one I'm excited about.

I know he loves this time in his life. No parents around to tell him what to do. Friends galore. Staying up late. Hanging out with his friends til the hours come when nothing good can happen.

He's paying his own bills, working full-time, cooking his own food. Or not. I think he frequents the drive thru?? He can cook though. He's a great cook actually. He learned a lot from his Dad. hee hee

I'm proud of him for taking the big, giant step into the world and trying things on his own.

Although I just have to share this picture with you...


This is arm after his wreck last week. His knee looks like hamburger... wanna see.....

One thing to consider... these pictures are about three-four days AFTER the wreck and AFTER it's been treated and bandaged for several days.

I know... I can't believe I'm putting these on the blog either. Maybe he'll look at them and realize he doesn't want a motorcycle anymore???

I love this boy. He makes me laugh. He has a great sense of humor. He loves to joke around.

He can be really serious too. He loves to talk late at night, after we've gone to bed!! (Secretly, I miss those late night conversations when he would bare his heart.)

He wants to rescue the world from all evil. He hates injustice. He's handsome. He's kind.

We love this boy, our son. Although, he's really a man now. Strange. Too fast.

Happy birthday honey. We love you so much. Be safe.

2 comments:

A Guy From Iowa said...

Wow. Vegas was a long time ago. Happy Birthday

John and Michelle said...

To a guy from Iowa...

thanks for your comments. It was a long time ago - I can't believe he's 20. Feel free to email us anytime.