Sunday, April 19, 2009

WHY????

Why do teenage boys do things that stress out their Momma's? Brandon bought this for himself a couple weeks ago and I'm just able to post about it ...


It stresses me out to no end. I'm worried about him hurting himself or worse. We have a couple in our church whose son was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident and is now in a wheelchair with a long road ahead of him and requiring his parents to care for him. Every time I see Brandon on his bike, I think of them. It makes me so nervous. Yes he wears a helmet but that doesn't guarantee anything.

I know he is so excited about the bike, but I'm not. I want to be happy for him but I'm not. I was a little happy for him watching him ride it, because he's wanted one forever, all the while jumping in my seat every time he turned. I drove behind him so other cars couldn't but I can't follow him all around town. I just pray he gets home safe every night.

I'm thankful he is in his own house now, or I'd never get any sleep!

Please keep both my big boys in your prayers, that they are safe and healthy.

No comments: