Friday, May 15, 2009

So Blessed

I've been thinking this week of all we have going on and the many things I'm trying to juggle and keep up with. Some days I feel like I can't possibly handle one more crisis or one more request. Other days I just want to sit and cry.

Then other days, more so than not, I have peace, a peace that passes all understanding. I'm so thankful for those peaceful days. I feel like the world says I should be freaking out and worrying, not that I don't some days, but for the most part, I feel peace with all that is going on. That is only from the Lord.

Today I've been reminded over and over how blessed we are and what wonderful friends and family we have. Even friends we don't get to see often are there. Today, the doorbell rang, and Micayla comes to me and says, "mommy, there's a police officer at the door." It happened to be an old friend of ours we haven't seen for a while. He and his wife have kept up with us through a mutual friend as well as our blog. He stopped by to check on Joshua and make sure we're not totally losing it see how things are going with us. What a nice surprise.

Several of our friends, as well as family, have offered to help us with whatever we need. Especially figuring out what to do with Alex and Micayla while we're gone and our zoo Mick and Mac and Hammy. Gotta love all those pets!

As it stands now, John's sister Julie is going to come down from Missouri and stay with the kids. They are gonna LOVE having Aunt Julie here. She will probably have second thoughts have a great time while she's here too and most likely learn a whole new appreciation for her approaching empty nest.

Anyway, I am just wanting to tell you all today how thankful we are for such great friends and family. They are willing to do whatever we need at a moments notice. Thank you so much for loving us.

Thank you Lord for such wonderful gifts of friends and family.

1 comment:

Linda Wyss said...

John, Michelle - Please give Josh a hug for me - how scared you all must be right now. You all are in my thoughts and prayers, I will save this ste to my favorites so that I can keep updated on his progress. Know I love and miss you something terribly.