Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Funeral

Have you ever had a funeral for a pet? Well, we did two weeks ago. I'm slightly behind in my blogging. It was a sad day for us as we buried Micayla's hamster, also known as Hamilton John Gentges. (I know, I know.) We called him Hammy.

She's had him for almost 4 years so it was slightly emotional.

Thankfully, she has wonderful brothers who were there for her since Dad was out of town. (Why does he get to miss these events???)

Here Josh and Alex are preparing the hole...



Micayla had decorated the box for Hammy. His full name is on the top.



We were so happy when her friends came over to bring her flowers and cheer her up!!! I was especially happy they were able to be there for the "funeral"!!!



All done and over!



So here is some dialogue we had after he died....

Micayla: "So Mom, do you think Hammy is in heaven?"
Me: "Well honey..."

Micayla: (looking at me with big sad eyes)....
Mom: "I think that God wants us to be happy in heaven and God made hamsters. So I believe if it makes us happy and He made it then it will be in Heaven."
Micayla: (big smile) "Thanks Mom. I think he will be there too."

Oh geez. I have no idea if pets are in heaven but I believe OUR pets will be!!! It makes me happy. I need happy thoughts right now so there.

1 comment:

DevonLeah said...

poor hammy-- he was a trooper living in the gentges home. Mick rides, forced marriage,hehe
He was a really sweet hamster!

so sad when we lose pets. :(