Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Family Update

Can it really be that fall actually began in October in Florida?? I have been so excited that the temps have finally dropped and it's been actually COOL already! Usually we're still sweating and running the A/C in October. I hope these fabulous temps stay here. I so enjoy the cool crisp air and being able to wear my jeans and long sleeves!! We're still running the A/C here and there but nothing like we usually do this time of year!

We are in the full swing of school and really enjoying it. I've picked up a new curriculum this year for our Language Arts called Total Language Plus. It's been great for us and the kids really love it! Right now we are reading Caddie Woodlawn. It's a cute story about a girl who is allowed to run around outside and play with her brothers instead of being trained to be a "lady" and learn alongside her mother and sisters indoors. It appeals to both my boy and girl so it works well!

Joshua is still plugging along at school. It's been hard for me to not really "know" how he's doing or having dialogue with any of his teachers. He says he's doing fine. I just hope he's remembering everything. He seems to enjoy it so far. We're still trying to work out transportation for him. It's been hard for him having to rely on his parents or Aunt for a ride. He is learning how to ride his bike 2 miles to the bus stop and take the city bus where he wants to go. I'll be honest... it makes me a NERVOUS WRECK! I don't want to let him do this but I know he needs to do it for himself so off he goes! Wow... it's hard letting them go!!! Joshua trusts everyone and takes it all at face value. I just don't want him getting taken advantage of or hurt. The doctors have said they want to see what he can do physically. So far, he can ride his bike much farther than he can walk.

Alex and Micayla are doing great. They are both playing the piano and Alex is singing in a band and playing soccer. He is quite the soccer player. He loves it and has so much passion for it! He plays midfield and keeper. He is a great goalie but has been enjoying playing out on the field too! He's not afraid to go after the ball and get right in there! Micayla has become quite the pianist and will be playing in February for Federation. I can't wait!! They are both doing great with school and I love it that if they don't get an A on everything, they get very upset! Hope that continues!!!

John started a new job 3 months ago. We are thankful for the job but it's been an adjustment for him. He is walking into a company that needs to make a lot of changes with their employees. The best way to describe it would be (in his words), the lunatics are running the asylum. It amazes him that a grown man can be so disrespectful and lazy and still expect to be paid for it! We'll see how it goes. He will be taking another class and test for his fourth certification in the disaster business. Pray he does well!!

I've been busy teaching my children, being their taxi, teaching piano and violin still, and trying to do the little things I love to do. Church, friends, crochet, baking and quilting. It's crazy but I wouldn't change it.

Please hug your family tight! If you haven't singed up to be a donor yet, please do that too!! Go to www.donatelife.net and sign up! It's quick and easy! We thank you!!

Blessings!!!

No comments: