Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back from UF

Our trip to Gainesville this month went well. We went down yesterday afternoon so we could get checked into the hotel and then off for Joshua's sleep study. Our doctors at UF were not convinced the last sleep study was accurate so they wanted to do their own in Gainesville. Here are some lovely pics...
Joshua getting hooked up...

Joshua with Debbie... she's responsible for his new look ... she was great to work with and very sweet. I didn't like leaving him there overnight by himself but I knew he was good hands with her... (I know, I know... he's old enough and all but still....)

All done... It's WIRE MAN!!!!!

We haven't gotten the final report from the doctor yet but it looks like he DOES have sleep apnea after all. They measured him for a CPAP machine but it's the one that looks like a pig snout, fitting just over the nose. We won't make any jokes when he wears it... ahem ... we would never do that to our child!!!



This morning we went to the hospital for our clinic day. Same tests... 6 minute walk, labs, EKG and ECHO. There is still no change with the meds. They are going to increase the dose on one medication and see us back next month. They also discussed using oxygen at night with the cpap machine. We'll see what the final results show.


After we go back next month, we may be able to start going every three months. I would love that but I'm not getting my hopes up either. It seems like just when I think it's all smooth sailing, the wind picks up and we get hit with some big waves!


We are also going to meet a new doctor next month - the pulmonologist. We were really hoping to do that this month but were not able to get in with the specific doctor they are wanting Joshua to see. I'm ready to see this doctor to find out if he ever had asthma of if it's been PAH all along. They probably won't be able to answer that but you know I'm gonna ask!


You all consider yourselves hugged and thank you for your prayers for Joshua. God has been showing up lately and I'll tell you more about that later.

No comments: